Tuesday, June 30, 2009

July 23/26 Can You Relate? - I Want to be Right

Worship Leaders: Sorry for the hiatus. Jodi and several of the CPT members have been out for 2 weeks. Please post your song lists for the next several weeks ASAP. See the latest Song List Update to see message titles.

Four Weeks Out: 23/26 Can You Relate?: I Want to be Right (Gregg)

It’s about getting right with God. Knowing God is one of the biggest pursuits in your life.

Knowing who you are in Christ is almost as important.

Knowing who I am in Christ comes down to:
· I am accepted by God
· I am secure in God
· I am significant

The three enemies of God (the flesh, the devil and the world) are constantly telling us that we are not accepted, we are not secure, we are not significant. Many people live half saved lives – we are saved and when we die we are going to go to heaven. It leaves us as forgiven sinners but it leaves us short of living that life of Christ here and now. Living the journey as redeemed saints. How we think – do you think of yourself as only a forgiven sinner or as a redeemed saint – has everything to do with how we live our lives.

Without having a right relationship with God it is impossible to have right relationships everywhere else. We are God’s plan for the world. (As redeemed saints walking in the light). He does not have a Plan B. We often have a Plan B just in case God’s plan for our lives ‘doesn’t work out’. You can’t trust God and not trust him. We are all walking by faith…in something. There is a battle for your mind. Thoughts or things? Which will rule your actions and life? Your thoughts will ultimately become things.

Gregg may use a zip line video he made at family camp this past weekend to illustrate faith.

Summary: Understanding who I am in Christ and allowing the truth about him to dispel the lies that come against me.

7 comments:

  1. I think the title is officially, "I Wanna Be Right".

    The summary is pretty good. Knowledge of who God is (for real) is key to understanding who we are in Christ, which ultimately determines all of our beliefs and shapes how/what we think. We have to be 'right' with him or all other relationships are tainted at best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning everyone :)
    Here are the songs for "I Wanna Be Right"

    Come Now Is The Time To Worship
    Filled With Your Glory
    Hear Our Praises
    My Heart Your Home
    Hosanna

    Love you all!
    Roxanne

    July 7, 2009 5:59 AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roxanne, is there a song that comes to mind that has a phrase in it dealing with 'renewing our minds', or something to do with our thoughts becoming conformed to his...thinking, God's thoughts...???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roxanne, the song 'Everything' by Tim Hughes would work (...God in my thinking...be my everything). Can you think of any others?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gregg,
    You may be talking about "The Power of Your Love"

    Lord, I come to You, let my heart be changed renewed, flowing from the grace that I have in You.

    And Lord I've come to know the weaknesses I've seen in me, will be stripped away, by the Power of Your Love...


    The Power of Your Love

    Hear Our Praises
    Hungry (Vineyard Version)

    Potter's Hand
    Everything

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, after I talked with you Gregg, and saw your post, I added The Power of Your Love, Everything and the Potter's Hand, those are good surrender songs. Let me know if you thought of any others that you would like us to do.
    Thanks, hope you all have a good meeting,
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete